Thursday, October 2, 2008

Two things: The Sword In Concert -and- Boring Conference Calls.

The Sword in concert was one of the most fun concerts I have ever been to. Shawn and I went Wednesday and saw them at Cannery Ballroom. They opened for Clutch…I wasn’t familiar with them, or any of the other opening acts, the only one we saw was Graveyard. The Sword exceeded all expectations that I had, after seeing them at Bonnaroo. Somehow, they are a mix of Metallica and Black Sabbath with a little bit of Rush thrown in. The highlight of the night was their cover of the KISS song “She.” That and jumping into the mosh pit. While I have to admit that it was a pretty tame mosh pit, it was still exhilarating to do it. By the end of the night, I was on such an adrenaline rush that I got home at 12:45, but couldn’t go to sleep until 1:45! For anyone into classic metal, check out The Sword .

Boring conference calls should be outlawed. For a call that opened at 2p with the phrase, “I want to make sure we keep this short,” I was surprised (not really) when, an hour later, we had completed item 1 on the agenda. I really feel sorry for the 4 people on the call that did not have any business with item 1. I guess to be honest, I should admit that right now (3:12) I am still on the conference call.



I had to break and come back. Now I’m on call number 2. This one seems to be going forward a little more quickly. Anyway, I need to know if either Obama or McCain has voiced ideas for changing this dire situation.

Thirdly (I know it wasn’t in my title…let’s step outside of the box), I feel like I have to say something about the idea of the government bail out of “the economy” … come to think of it, I’ll save that for later.

Shine on Doc.

No comments: