Friday, April 27, 2007

Welcome to The SMacDown!

Hello fair (and few) readers. Hopefully this, my second attempt, at blogging will be more successful and consistent than the first one that died some time ago (a death that was rather quick and painless.) It'll probably take me a while to get things up and going here.

I've got a lot of things to hit, but its gonna take me some time, here's a few of them--
  • The most lethal disease in Africa is a virtually non-existent disease in America...
  • 300 has possibly topped my list of "be a man" movies...
  • Tennessee may actually have competition in the cable tv market (welcome Adam Smith's invisible hand)...
  • I'm trying to decide whether to buy a mac or pc laptop (used)...
  • It really bugs me to hear people who live in America talk about what a crappy place America is...
  • Google Maps vs. MapQuest...
  • Have you seen the work of Motke Dapp?...(http://myspace.com/motke)

As for now, two quick things--

My two daughters are running the Country Music Kids Marathon tonight. They've been training for the past few months, running and walking the first 25.2 miles with the East Academy Cross Country Club. They will run the last mile tonight with approximately 3000 other kids. Leslie and I are very proud of their hard work and commitment. I can't wait to see them finisht the last mile tonight.

The other thing, my friends Richard and Cheryl Westberry had a baby boy this week. Welcome Elijah Blade Westberry!! Congratulations to Richard and Cheryl!! (even though Richard DIDN'T like 300)